Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Simply Saturday - SImple Projects

Being retired gives me a lot of time to think, create and come up with ideas for some simple projects.  Although a year ago I thought I would start scrap booking and it all ended up in a box because I decided to sew a lot of different projects.  When my MIL and I were doing our volunteer at the Library, it gave me an idea to maybe do something about the papers that my sister and I found in my mother's stuff.  There was a 17 pages of hand written stories that my mother has written about her life, unfortunately she did not finished it before she passed away.  All of a sudden I thought I would somehow put all these stories in a nice journal. 
THAT'S ONE.

After my son died, I started writing poems as my way of dealing with grief, sadness and the emotional roller coaster of losing a child.  I have collected some of them into a small book and it was my first time doing it online and only printed two copies, one for me and the other for my sister.  I have since written more poems and now I would like to try doing a second book to include all the poems I have done since. THAT'S TWO.

A very dear friend of mine who lives in London, Ontario suggested to me a few years ago to write a book about all my travels.  She thought it would be interesting to write about each country I have been, the things I did and what was special about each trip that I took during that 10 years.  I have kept some sort of journal that records the dates, the country and who I traveled with.  Now I am thinking that instead of just doing MY TRAVELS,  I should start from childhood to the present.  My sister thought it was a great idea because she said my life was more exciting and she agreed to be my proof reader.  THAT'S THREE.


Do you have a journal?  Do you write something on a regular basis?  Have you written a story about your travel or adventures?  Have you written poems?  Have you ever publish something?  Would you write a book about your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment