Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Simply Saturday - Simple work means a lot

Today is the book sale at the library near our home.  Yesterday I met the Friends of the Library who are the volunteers who organizes book sale and other events at the library. The ladies were all very friendly and very nice.  The lead ladies were very appreciative of the hours we spent sorting the books for today's sale.  My MIL have decided to join me in volunteering with this particular library.  Next week we will try to get our orientation and completing forms in order to get officially part of the Friends of the Library.  The book sorting process was very interesting as we check each box and place them in their appropriate category.  All the volunteers were all working hard and helping each other to get the job done.  I am very happy that I picked another venue to give my time back to the community.

Last night I assisted Jeff with some of the simple work that is part of the renovations.  There were parts of the wall that needed scrapping which is a prepping process prior to painting.  I started with the small wall the divides the living room and the kitchen.  Once I finished scrapping, I painted this walls brown.  This is a small job but this was my training portion.  I must have passed that part, so Jeff said that I can proceed to scrape the rest of the walls of the living room and the kitchen.  All of a sudden my knees started to hurt so I had to take a break, a good time to blog.  My boss is calling and it's time to paint the primer on the cabinet part of the stair.  Simple work that means a lot specially when it's part of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment