Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

False Friday - Fake versu Real

While watching an award show the other night, I noticed that most of the women had fake eye lashes.  This made me think of all the false or fake things that women are using or having.  Let me start with nails.  I am very lucky to have real strong finger nails and I can grow them long which is why I don't use fake nails.  Although I tried having those gel nails one time and all it did was ruin my nails and it actually made it soft and weak.  I had to wait a long time to get the weak ones grew out before I had my strong nails back.  So no more fake nails for me.
My real nails - not too long
 The next one are the fake eye lashes.  Now a days it seems like it's an every day use.  I seem to recall that a long time ago, it was only use for special occasion.  There are eye lashes that are placed one at a time and are good for a few months and can even get wet.  It's costly and you have to come back every month or so to get it maintained.  I have to admit that I bought some fake ones and tried it and it actually did not look so fake.  Then I discovered that if I bought a curler and an awesome mascara that it will give me great lashes, so I did.  I was out shopping with my niece and I splurge and got the Christian Dior Mascara in blue.  My daughter could believe that I bought such because it was out of my price range.  The other favorite mascara is by Mac.  It comes with two brushes one for daytime and the other for night time.  Now I am very happy with the results and don't really need my false lashes, although I am keeping what I bought just in case I need it someday.
MAC Haute & Naughty in Black
What about wearing a wig?  It's not your own hair and therefore it's fake again.  But for some this is very important specially if they lost their hair to some type of disease or illness.  I actually have a couple of wig that I use when the roots are too grey and I need to hide it.  One is very similar to my current hair color and it's a pony tail version.  It just makes my pony tail thicker and longer.  The other one is a bit darker with some red tints and it's long and wavy.
I've worn it at least 3 times and it's very comfortable but the only think I don't like is that I have to wear some sort of scarf or head band to cover the edge.  Here's a photo of my ponytail wig.
My real hair on a pony tail would only hang at the beginning of my neck.

1 comment:

  1. I like your nail art and look at you using expensive mascara.

    ReplyDelete