Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Maybe Monday - Some Christmas Memories

Christmas Carols reminds me of the part of my life growing up in a very small town in my home country.  We have a great group of friends who have know each other since were 5 or 6 years old.  One of the tradition that we do as a group was to go caroling in order to collect funds for our annual Christmas party.  My contribution was to play my guitar to accompany the group.  We would practice a couple of nights and choose our songs and make decisions who will sing some of the solo part.  One particular night, from one home to another, a couple of my friends had a bit of a heated discussion as to what song we were suppose to do next.  The battle was between I BELIEVE or GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN.  To this day, whenever we reconnect with our childhood friends, this story is always brought back because it was something no one could forget.  After we have done 2 or 3 nights and have collected sufficient funds for our party, then we have a short meeting to plan for our annual party.  The day was December 23rd.  Everyone has a task to complete which makes a successful Christmas party.  According to one of my friend who now lives in Daly City, the group still celebrates the tradition but I believe they don't go caroling.  I am guessing they don't need the money for the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment