Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Food Friday - Cooking Sisters

That's right, we are the cooking sisters.  My favorite sister arrived last night and today is her first day at the CPBB and I am putting her to work.  We will start planning the menu and then pick up the items at the grocery store including the Crown Roast that I pre-ordered, I hope they don't give it away.  A couple of years ago, I asked Jeff to order a Crown Roast at Lucky's for our Christmas dinner.  On the day that Jeff was supposed to pick it up he was told that someone already picked it up - in other words they just gave it away to another customer.  After Jeff picked me up at the airport, he told me what happened. The next day we were going to several stores to see what we can get in order to get something that will become a Crown Roast.  Anyway, I am not prepared to have this happen to us again, so I am trying NOB HILL Butcher this time.  We hope they can deliver as they promised.

The number of guests for Christmas eve dinner has increased so we will probably change or add more dishes or sides to accompany our Pineapple Glazed Ham.  I am not sure if you are like me when it comes to having people over.  It seems like I always prepare more foods because I don't like people having to only taste a small amount specially if they enjoy the dish.  We are looking forward to having Jeff's cousins,my cousins, Jeff's mom, my favorite niece and of course Jeff's son and his family.  It will be an early dinner that is why we will be busy today making all the preparations for tomorrow.  


This song is for all my friends and family that cannot be with their family this Christmas.  I hope that the rest of my followers and bloggers are going to be home with their family this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment