Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weather Wednesday - What can I do?

When something so tragic and so devastating happens, you always ask yourself what would I do if I was in that situation?  I actually don't know but I know how it feels to have No power for a few days and getting off the bus and the water is up to your knees or sometimes even to your waistline.  But that was a very long time ago when I was about 17 or 18 and lived in the Philippines.  While watching the news last night, one lady was says, you can always replace your car or even your home, but the people who lost their friends or relatives, you can't replace them.  It was so sad to watch it and one lady says, there's not much you can do, but if you can just pray for us and hope that the worst is over.  Most of the people that were interviewed said they were not going anywhere and they will stay and start to rebuild.  

Today all I can say is that we all take time to reflect and say a little prayer for those who were affected by SANDY.  May they have the courage to stay strong and alive. 

I pray for strength for all the people who have suffered this recent storm.
I pray for relief for those who continuously provide assistance to those in need.
I pray for guidance for those who provides funding to help rebuild their homes.
I pray for peace and comfort to those who lost a loved one or a friend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment