Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Selective Saturday - Just venting

As much as I enjoy sewing different things like, baby's bib, seniors bib, aprons, baby booties, shoe bags, totes, little girls skirts, men's boxer shorts, etc.  I don't really want to get into selling them because the cost of making them might be inexpensive but it's all about the time it takes to do them as they are all customized.  Each and everyone of them are made with different design, fabric and accessories.  Most of the items that I have made for the past couple of years, I have given them as gifts but lately I have received some payments which was really nice as it covers the cost of the materials.  You are probably wondering where am going with this.  If you remember in one of my post last week, I made a couple of bibs for the mother of our friend.  Apparently she loved it and the caregiver gave her number to our friend as she wants to find out how much it cost for my special one of a kind Bib.  Yesterday morning I contacted this lady and I advised her that it would cost between $10 and $12 per Bib.  As soon as she heard the amount, she immediately said that she has someone in her office and that she would call me later.  What is weird was that she does not have my number so how can she contact me.  I know that there's call display etc., but I knew that it was just her excuse because she did not want to pay the amount I gave her.  Of course the day ended and I did not get the call back.  My first instinct was right, I was not going to call this woman because I wasn't really sure that I want to go into this business, but I thought I would call just to see how much they are willing to pay.  I guess I am done venting. 

1 comment:

  1. your time is not free! You need to pay yourself per hour of labor so I understand needing to vent! Have a happy Saturday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending tonight!. BTW I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete