Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tortuous Thursday - One more month

Last November the guys that I golf with decided to join a players membership at the Summit Pointe Golf Course in Milpitas, California.  I cannot forget the first time I played this course many years ago, before Jeff and I were married.  I was visiting for a couple of weeks and his group from work usually golf early morning for 9 holes for a very cheap price.  All I can remember was that it was cold, very hill and lots of twists and turns.  When I heard the name I knew my memory is still pretty good.  It took a lot of convincing from the guys for me to make the decision to join.  Since we were only going to do it for three months, there was nothing to lose because I would get to golf with the guys at least once a week for a good deal and have the use of driving range.  Yesterday we decided to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather.  Because most of the golfers have gone back to work, it was pretty quiet. No groups infront or behind us.  The sky was blue and there was no wind.  You couldn't ask for more.  Scenery was something else.  There were very large homes on the hills and on particular holes you could see the city and part of the water.  My golf game may have improved a little because these two guys are very helpful in making sure I am enjoying the game.  Almost forgot, I started using my hockey stick putter and even change the way I putt.  I hold it as if I am playing hockey (I've never played hockey in my life) and slapping the golf ball as a puck.  Putting is never going to be the same.  I am loving this putt and once I get really use to it, then maybe it will take some strokes off.  Check out the link of the course.
Summitpointe Golf Club

 

No comments:

Post a Comment