Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Timely Thursday - Atomic Clock

Last year our cousins left us a gift before they returned to the other country.  It's funny because usually you give a going away present to the people leaving.  But our cousins were different because they are so generous and so appreciative of any little favor we do.  We miss them and hope that they will come back soon.  Only time will tell.  Talking about time - the gift was an atomic clock.  We have never had an atomic clock but we love it because of the large numbers and it provides the temperature indoor and outdoor.  The other bonus is that you don't have to change the time twice a year when the world decides to change time.  You are probably wondering what is so special about this clock.  The other day I took a photo of it because I saw something interesting and I thought it was a great topic for my post.  



As you can see, Jeff sets the temperature in Celcius so that when my Canadian family and friends ask for the temperature, I don't have to calculate.  Notice that at this particular time the indoor and outdoor numbers are the same.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment