Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Weedy Wednesday - Just not into it

What is the most annoying thing about having a garden? WEEDS.  They grow so fast that it seems like you just pulled them out and by the time you look again, it's back.  That is why this year, I told Jeff that I am not planting any more pretty flowers in my planter's box.  Last Saturday, Jeff spent almost half the day pulling weeds and trying to save some of the previous flowering plant that I put it but unfortunately the squirrel ate all the flowers.  This year there were two plants that survived and have beautiful blooms.  I am not sure how long it will take for that same squirrel to start eating them again.  This gardening business is not just my thing.  I always remember my sister saying that "I can't have all the talents" and I agree with her 100%.  As much as I love having flowers in our home, I would much rather buy fresh ones every now and thenDuring the summer there are so many inexpensive fresh flowers sold at the farmers market.  They usually last for a couple of weeks or more sometimes depending on the type of flowers.  Tomorrow will be the first day of spring so I might check out the store for good bargain of fresh flowers.  I found a few photos from last years flower arrangements I have done.  It sure is nice to have spring in the air.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment