Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Testing Tuesday - How High is high

During my last doctor's visit, I was told that my blood pressure was a bit elevated.  My answer was, of course it is a bit elevated as I tried to walk very fast from the parking lot to his office in order to arrive 15 minutes before my appointment.  As you know most people get their BP higher during the test because they are already edgy prior to the test.  I was told I have to do get it checked after two weeks.  I think I will check it at home prior to going for my appointment. Yesterday I decided to check it and the result was 148/72.  The magic number for a healthy BP is 120/80.  I realized that the first number is higher and that's why my doctor decided to changed my prescription.  Although, I think they should let me do my test for a week, maybe 3 times per day, before changing prescription.  If the result is still high, then I guess I have no choice.  This health issue is not new to me as it runs in our family.  Honestly, most of my health issues are my inheritance from my parents and I just hope that my daughter is spared from all of this issues.  One would think that if you eat healthy and exercise regularly and don't have a lot of stress in life, then one should have none of this.  But you could do all of that and have the bad genes from your family history, well I guess you just accept it and try to do the best you can and still enjoy life.  RIGHT?  By the way, one of my BFF told me that the cause of my Ashtma was an allergic reation to the wonderful weather of sunny California.

No comments:

Post a Comment