Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Fretful Friday - I don't understand

Since I am already late in doing this post, I will just do a quick one and vent for a few minutesIn a way I am over it because it happened yesterday but I still cannot understand why someone would write a long hurtful email message.  I don't understand why someone would question why I volunteer when I should be babysitting grandchildren.  I also don't understand why someone would charge Jeff and I as a horrible grandparents.  We actually think that we are great grandparents because we try to spend time with them.  How many of you actually got the chance to play mini golf, go to a movie, spend time in the park, play Wii, and take you out for lunch or dinner with your grand parents.  I don't recall ever doing any of those with mine.  We see them a few times a year during the holidays and that's it.  I also don't understand why someone would question relationships between father and son specially if you are not part of the original family.  My apologies to my readers for today's not so interesting post.  I thought I would share with you what I found as reasons why one would volunteer.
  • to feel needed
  • to share a skill
  • to get to know a community
  • to demonstrate commitment to a cause/belief
  • to do your civic duty
  • because of pressure from a friend or relative
  • to keep busy
  • for recognition
  • to donate your professional skills
  • to have an impact
  • to learn something new
  • for freedom of schedule
  • for escape
  • to become an "insider"
  • to be challenged
  • to feel proud
  • as therapy
  • to do something different from your job
  • for fun!
  • to keep skills alive
  • to have an excuse to do what you love
  • to feel good
  • to test yourself
  • to stand up and be counted

 

No comments:

Post a Comment