Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Selective Saturday - Simple remedies

It is amazing how a simple glass of warm milk can actually help you get a good night's sleep.
That's right, last night after the recommendation of my doctor, I tried it and wow, it was so good to be able to fall asleep quickly and like how I use to do it.  The other suggestion is doing some meditation or some time of breathing exercise.  Honestly, I think I don't know how to meditate or how to do breathing exercise, except when I had the kids, and I use those breathing exercise they teach you in order to have an easy delivery.  Those really work for me.  In a couple of weeks, I will be attending one class of Meditation and Relaxation to learn a few techniques which will hopefully assist in getting some really good zzzzzs.

I started searching for more tips and suggestions and I found the following:
  • Keep a regular sleep schedule
  • Naturally regulate your sleep-wake cycle
  • Create a relaxing bedtime routine
  • Eat right and get regular exercise
  • Get anxiety and stress in check
Do you have special routine or tips when it comes to bedtime/sleeping?  I would like to hear about it since there are probably other great ways that cannot be found elsewhere.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment