Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Moody Monday - Possible Side Effects

Have you ever read the instructions, side effects, etc. of a new prescription for a recent health issue?  Most of the time when you pick up your new presciption, the pharmacist will provide a quick info on how to use and maybe some of the side effects.  Usually I read the printed paper that accompanies my prescription.  The recent one I read is not the printed one but the piece of paper inside the box of my inhaler.  OMG, the possible side effects are a bit scary that I felt like it might be better not taking the medication.  I have decided to just share the combined list of side effects for my recent changes and new prescriptions.  Please do not continue reading the list if you start feeling dizzy, nausea or anxiety. 
  • Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, weakness
  • Sweating, shaking, fast heartbeat, hunger, blurred vision, dizziness, tingling
  • Rash, itching, trouble breathing, rapid breathing
  • Increased thirst, increased urination, confusion, drowsiness,flushing
  • Stuffy nose, hoarseness, dry mouth, throat irritation
  • Fever, mental/mood changes, trouble sleeping,muscles cramps
  • Lightheadedness, irregular heartbeat
As you can see, I have decided to group them otherwise the list will be so long that today's post would occupy the whole page and more.  The good news is that I am happy to report that I have not experienced any of the above.  The other good news is that my wheezing and coughing has improved that I am able to get a good nights rest.  I am also happy to add that my blood sugar resulting in the morning and mid morning has been excellent.  All I need is more encourgement and determination to do more exerise, for example, walking for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment