Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sharing Saturday - It's not a big deal

Weekends are usually a very easy going kind of day for us except this morning, we had an early appointment with the Taxman.  We decided to have breakfast after our appointment and stopped by a restaurant close by.  The place is called COCO's which is a 24 hour restaurant similar to Denny's.  The service was fast and the food was just OK.  Jeff ordered the Classic breakfast with two eggs, two bacon strips, hash brown and two pancakes.  I thought I would try their Classic French Toast which was made of sourdough bread.  It came with two eggs (poached) and bacon which were very thin but crispy.  There are other great places for breakfast but when I have to eat, it's really all about service and less busy.  Food is food.

Since it was still early and not even mid morning, we thought of stopping by Target just to check out the sales.  My daughter liked a special brand of clothes that were on sale.  Yesterday I got lucky and found the right size and price in the dress she wanted.  It's really not a big deal for me to be her personal shopper because she truly appreciates everything I do and I love it when I pick the right style, etc.

Why is my title about sharing when I have not shared anything except the things we did.  We actually got some Easter stuff for Jeff's grand kids which included candies, toys, juice and cookies.  I hope that the kids will enjoy them tomorrow since we won't see them because they will be with the other grandparents.  

So what do I share?  Usually when I make dishes or bake goodies, I would tell Jeff to call his son to pick up what I have made.  It's not really a big deal to make extras to share with family.  Tonight we are having my two cousin Jo and Becky join us for dinner.  I have to do a bit of sewing for Jo so it's not a big deal to have them stay for dinner.  We are having steak, salad, special mediterranean rice and vegetable samosas for appetizers with fruity chutney.

Vegetable Samosas with fruity chutney
Rice with spices and cranberries

No comments:

Post a Comment