Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Finicky Friday - It's time to clean up

Finicky, Fussy, Picky, etc.  when it comes to home, health and habits.  But I am not the same as Sheldon or Howie Mandel.  I like to keep our home tidy and clean, our closets organized and basically just an orderly household.  There's a big difference when the house is a bit messy because of children but it's not really dirty or untidy.  When I see a house or home with children and the whole place is not only dirty, messy but filthy, then it really bothers me a lot.  Sometimes I just want to ask the owner if I can come in and help them clean it but I guess if that's their way of living, it will be the same mess after a couple of hours.

Spring is in the air and as they say, it's time to spring clean.  I remember my daughter telling me about this rule.  When you buy something new, like undies, socks, etc.  then you have to get rid of one or two old ones to make room for the new ones.  Since then I have followed that rule and it works very well. Jeff and I would go through our clothes, linen, etc. and check out things we don't use and or need. Have you started your spring cleaning? Do you like organizing things around your home by category or color or do you label everything?

2-19-08closet13.jpg
This is not mine but I love the color coding and shoe arrangement.  

1 comment:

  1. I like to keep my house tidy and clean too. Dirty houses will affect the health of children indirectly. I would like to deep clean my mattress this month as I really feel it needs a good wash.

    ReplyDelete