Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Working Wednesday - Bake Sale

Today I am switching from doing my house chores to doing some baking.  My tennis friend asked my help as she is organizing a bake sale for LLS.  I did not even have to think twice because this is like volunteering as well.  I guess she liked all the baked goods that I have shared with her. She said that her kids really liked my home made bread pudding.  There are a few things that I am really comfortable making because they are very easy and at the same time yummy.  Depending on time, I will be making the following treats: 6 layer bars, mini pecan butter tarts, pineapple squares and maybe a lemon poppy seed cake  and a carrot/pineapple cake. My mother-in-law makes really great cupcakes with her special frosting.  She said she doesn't mind doing some baking also for a good cause.  I asked if she doesn't mind making a lemon square.  When my friend picks up her treats, I am sure she will be so happy when she sees how much we have done.  This will be a very rewarding day since we know exactly where the proceeds of the bake sale is going.  Here's a sample of what the treats will look like.
These were the Halloween cupcakes my mother-in-law made.


Mini Pecan Butter Tart
Hopefully I can take some pictures of our baked goods and post it for my Thursday's blog.  Jeff is also hoping that he will get a chance to be the tester for the treats.  His favorite is the cupcake with the special frosting.  He likes sweet stuff and that explains why I am his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment