Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Flowery Friday - Dishes

The new mission of mine is to find the replacement for our dishes.  Our current set is starting to get all chipped.  Jeff's had it for at least 4 years and although we still love using it, most of the pieces have a little chip or a tiny crack.  We have been doing our search for a while but really have not found something that we really and truly love.  The design is very important as well as the color has to really matched the theme of the kitchen.  One criteria that I would really prefer is the shape - I love the square place settings.  But yesterday, while shopping at KOHL's, I saw this place setting that is so springy, so happy, and just lovely.  Of course I knew that Jeff would not like it because it's a little GIRLY.  You can check it out and tell me what you think.  


Since we are not in a rush to get new dishes, I can still continue to keep searching until we find the right one.  Although I was thinking that if I really want to get them replaced, I could on a daily or weekly basis, accidentally break one or two pieces.  But I think eventually Jeff will start to wonder where are the missing pieces.  Maybe that won't be such a good idea.  Actually Jeff would probably not think that I was purposely breaking them due to my record when it comes to breaking dishes.  Sometime I go while putting away drinking glasses, the shelf dropped down and all of 9 glasses shattered in pieces, surprisingly I was not hurt.  On other times, while doing dishes it would slip and clipped the edge of the granite counter, and break.  Lesson learned on this - be very careful and not rush when doing dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment