Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Terrific Tunes

A little too late but it's better late than never.  I did not get a chance to watch the Grammy's Live but I reminded Jeff to record it for me so I can watch it on a rainy and gloomy afternoon.  It is amazing to see all the new talents and maybe to most of you they are not new.  I am so happy to watch the group TRAIN get the first award.  As I have mentioned in previous blog, this group is new to me and really like all their songs from the CD Save me San Francisco.  And since this group is form the bay area,  it's appropriate to support the local talents.  I also know that if my son was still with us, he would definitely be impressed that I would listen to this group.  Who else impressed me and was a big surprise was when Usher and Justin Bieber sang together.  Of course, we have to be a fan to a Canuck who comes from small town in Ontario.  What's not to like? He is cute, talented (sings, dance, plays guitar, drums and piano), polite, a great athlete and so many more.  Let's just hope that his ego does not get too big and forgets where he came from.  

 
There were a lot of great songs and performers and I am so glad I did not miss it.  The one great thing about it is that I was able to breeze through all the commercials.  Oh, not to forget that this is when I try to sort the songs with the singers.  When I was younger, I knew the song title, the artist and year it was released.  But for some reason I seem to have lost the interest of remembering everything.  Now a days, I would know the song but not the artist, or I would know the artist and the song but have no clue when it was released.  This is when it reminds me of my son's love for music.  He knew the song, artist and year it was released, I guess that's kinda like mother like son.   For my son's group at Name that Tune,  I am so glad I was able to be part of your group and hope that you continue your love for music. 

1 comment:

  1. Do you have Bieber Fever??? Maybe you should go watch Never Say Never since you like him so much. Make sure you watch it in 3D.

    ReplyDelete