Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Successful Saturday - Meeting adjourned

The meeting was last night in Mississauga, Ontario at one of my girlfriends home.  It was about discussing the final details of the upcoming trip to Arizona.  It's a 7 day holiday with the girls and we will be golfing 4 out of the 7 days.  We will be staying in a condo with a pool and tennis courts. There are 4 different golf course we will be playing .  I have checked all four and these are amazing and difficult golf courses.  Since I was the only one that was out of area, I had to dial in when it was time for the meeting.  They had written an agenda and it was very interesting because I can hear everyone talking and can even identify all of their voices.  Each one had a responsibility and I have volunteered to bring in the snacks.  I plan to bring some of my mother-in-law's chocolate chip cookies, Chinese chews square and snicker doodle cookie.  As for me,  I will be making two types of squares/bars - my famous six layer bar and dream  bars.  We talk about the meeting place upon arrival, the vehicle of choice for the car rental, cooking, bar tending, etc.  It was so much fun and I felt like I was there with them.  There are only 42 more sleeps before this great holiday. Here's the view of one of the golf course we will be playing.

For now I have to start golfing more when the weather is nice because I need them more than my girlfriends.  They are all great golfers so I have a lot of catching up.   The good part is that they are still having their winters in Canada, therefore they can't golf until I see all of them in April.  Honestly, I don't think even if I golf every day of every week, I still won't be able to beat any of them because I need some lessons, a trainer and a really nice set of clubs.

2 comments:

  1. You and your friends and your planning committees...I love how everyone got together, even if you participated by telephone to discuss your trip. I will be going to Vegas with five other girls in the summer, hopefully we will all Skype to plan where we want to stay and what we are going to do. Emails can be so impersonal at times.

    42 days will come in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get the chance, go to Taliesin West (http://www.franklloydwright.org/fllwf_web_091104/Tours.html) - home of the famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. It's a very fascinating place!

    ReplyDelete