Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tasty Treat Tuesday - It takes two to tango

I am sorry to disappoint you if you think after reading this that Jeff and I have started learning how to dance the Tango or have taken ballroom dancing.  I am just trying to say that when it comes to baking cookies, I prefer to bake with Jeff as my assistant or maybe even reverse the role.  This past weekend we tried a new recipe for a soft cookie.  It's very healthy because it uses oats.  The recipe is from Giada and it's called Cranberry Oats cookies.
Aside from oats, it has cranberry, pecan and white chocolate chips.  Although Jeff prefers his favorite chocolate chip cookies made by my MIL, he does not mind helping me bake cookies.
I like them soft so he knows exactly when to take them out of the oven.  He also does a great job lining them on the cookie sheet using an ice cream scooper.  Whenever we pick a day to do some baking, we try to have at least two different treats.  The other favorite is called the Apple Bar cookie.  This is the second time we are using this recipe because we both love it.  Now let me share the photo so you can get motivated to bake some treats for yourself.  These recipes (food network) are both so easy but oooh so yummy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment