Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sadness Sunday - Losing a loved one

Even after six years and nine months I still feel some sadness each and every Sunday.  It was a Sunday when my son passed away.  It was also the 29th of the month.  For the last few months it seems like we get more and more news of our friend's parent passing away.  A couple of days ago, I received an email from one of my BFF that her mother passed away.  Last year when I visited my friend Sandy in Canada, I was lucky to spend a few moments with Mary.  She still remembered me and we had a nice chat while she ate her lunch.  That was only last September.  It is difficult to write about death but sometimes it helps relieve some of the pain that comes with losing someone so close and so dear to our hearts.  Someone from the place that I volunteer also lost a parent.  His father passed away a couple of weeks ago.  I spoke to him briefly and he still feels very sad because he was close to his dad and it was his first time losing someone that close.  I still remember how I felt when they told me that my father passed away.  That was almost 19 years ago.  I was too late.  I had to rebook my flight but during the night, my dad was gone.  I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.  A very good friend of ours did a special painting in pastel.  He is a very talented man who was very generous with his time.  Today I would like to share with you the amazing work he has done.  He does not paint just anyone or anything, it has to be special and close to the heart.  No words can express how much this painting means to me. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment