Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sour Sunday - SAP open review

If the tickets are free then I guess I don't have the right to complain.  But I still want to make a few comments about this past couple of days of the SAP open tennis.  First of all I am so glad that I did not purchase the tickets for the two day event.  Although yesterday we were seated in one of those BOX aka SUITE and felt pretty important.  We did not have a lot of food or drinks but it was still very comfortable that I was able to take a nap in the leather sofa.  Now why would I take a nap, you might ask.  Well, this is one of the complaints I have.  Their scheduling sucks.  On Friday we waited over half an hour before the first match started and then after that match, we had to wait another hour or so before the second match which lasted only about an hour.  It was very disappointing and like what I said I am glad I did not pay for the tickets because it would have been a money wasted.  Yesterday, when we arrive at the Pavillion, we were told that the first match would not even start at 1230.  Our tickets and the program indicated that the the first match was at 1130.  So another hour wasted.  The first match was between Tommy Haas and John Isner which was an ok match but only lasted 51 minutes.  It was time to get something to eat.  Jeff got a beer ($7.50) and hotdog ($5.50)  It's a rip off right.  Then it was time for me to go out and try to get something.  Since I did not want to eat the hot dog, I opted for the Kung Pao Chicken by Panda Express.  It came in a small bowl with rice and the chicken ($9.75).  If you have been to one of those chinese food take out, this would only cost probably under $5.  When I return to the suite, I was told that we would have to wait over a couple of hours for the next match which was between Milos Raonic (Canadian) and Sam Querry (USA).  Since we were already there we thought we would wait just in case they decide to play a little early. After my lunch and maybe another 30 minutes, that's when I felt tired and sleepy.  Now you know what happened.  When I woke up, everyone one was still there just waiting.  In the end we only watch the first set of the match and it was time to go home because we were picking up the grandkids.  According to our tickets it cost $100 per seat for Saturday and for our Friday game it was around $79.  No wonder why the place was half empty.  I believe the fans last year were not too impressed with the scheduling, the food, etc.  And I gave up a round of golf yesterday for having the experience of watching tennis from the BOX.  Everything is over rated, over priced and overly long hours of nothingness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment