Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Moulding Monday - Tumbleweed look

During one of our short day trips, I ask Jeff if he could stop on the side of the road if I see a tumbleweed that I like to take home.  He thought I was kidding and so we never did.  On Saturday after breakfast, he told me that he needed to cut all the branches of the tree in our backyard.  I asked him to save some of the thinner ones because I would like to see if I can mould a tumbleweed.  I told him that if it turns out to be a good one, we can maybe use it as a shade and make it part of a hanging lamp.  He will have to get some electrical supplies and figure out how to hang it in the corner of our living room.  For now, I will just share the photo of the twigs that I have put together.  Jeff had to help during the first part because it was tough to bend the thicker part of the twig.  We had to make a few circles first then one by one added a piece to make it to look like a big ball.  My hand and fingers are a bit sore after working on these twigs, I guess I should have worn my working gloves.  Anyway, here's my tumbleweed look alike.  Hopefully Jeff will be able to work on the electrical part and then we will show you our new living room hanging lamp.



1 comment:

  1. Just curious what camera you use? The pics all seem to turn out great. Thanks! moulding concord

    ReplyDelete