Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snowy Sunday - Snowstorm NEMO

Snow, snow and more snow.  I know exactly what this was like during the winter months in Ontario and of course living in Northern Canada (Yellowknife and Whitehorse).  After chatting with a couple of my friends about last Friday's snow storm, I feel for them and of course for my daughter who was stuck working very hard both Friday and Saturday.  While I watched the news, I could only see the northeastern states so I don't know how bad it was in Ontario.  It was my friend Percy's birthday on Friday and he told me that he just finished shovelling the snow after his brother had done it twice before he got home.  That's how much snow was coming down. What was funny was that he said "it was so fluffy", so it was a bit easier to shovel.  Both my friends took a very long time to get home, up to almost a couple of hours which was a 20 minute commute.  I hope that by now it would be over soon and the weather should be a little warmer for all of the people that lives in these citiesWhile we are expected to get some rain again, I would not mind rain anytime or even the cool weather they are experiencing in northern California because at least it's not snow and not below freezing.  To you all my Canadian family and friends, please keep warm and hopefully this will be the last snow storm and spring to arrive early.
Pedestrians cross a snow-covered street in Toronto on Friday, Feb. 8, 2013. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Frank Gunn
I could just imagine my daughter cross this same street on Friday.

Measuring snowfall totals can be tricky (courtesy: Paul Smith)
This feels cold although the sky is so blue.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for thinking of me but I did pretty well during the snowstorm and long hours. I was pretty jealous of everyone that got a snow day and stayed home.

    ReplyDelete