Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Friendship Friday - Happy Birthday PJD

Today is my BFF's birthday and I am dedicating this post to him because he is the one hell of a friend, almost like a real brother and most of all one who will always be there for you, no matter what. I have known him for almost 25 years and we have never had a disagreement.
Instead of writing a poem or sending him a card (I am too late anyway), I would like to share some of the things that reminds me of our friendship.
  • when we use to work together during a shift, he would always say the following; "it's better to have and not NEED, than need and not HAVE.
  • it was always the rule that I am the DD when it's his birthday and he is my DD when it's my birthday.
  • the song "Where do we go" by NO MERCY only reminds me of Percy.  When this song was a hit, he enjoyed dancing to this tune.
  • sometimes when I feel tired and complains to him I am getting old, he would say, "you are not getting old, you are OLD", but I know he does not say it to be mean, just funny.
  • during one of our out of town job, we were wearing all black clothes and someone told us we could almost be mistaken as brother and sister.  Not sure if that was a compliment or an insultJust kidding.
  • at one other not so happy occasion, I introduced him as my friend/brother.  The person only heard brother and started talking to him in Tagalog.  Percy had to explain later.
  • there was a time when he was given a nickname of Percy and his Harem.  A bunch of us (girls) use to go out as a group and sometimes Percy would join us, kinda like our body guard (security).  
  • on one of our travels for work, he was giving me a hard time when I gave this woman "the LOOK" He said "if looks could kill, that woman would be gone in a second".  My defence was that the woman grab my hand as if going to steal my watch.  I pulled away and then gave her the look.  After all that we both started laughing.
Happy Birthday Percy!  May you have all your birthday wishes come true and may you find happiness each and every day of the rest of your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment