Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Simply Saturday - Ironing is relaxing

Does anybody still irons?  I still do and still enjoy it because for me it is relaxing.  When I do iron, I am usually in our living room in front of the TV watching golf or a movie or one of those recorded musical concert.  Yesterday I watched the LPGA and then I remembered I recorded the show Invitation only.  This time it was featuring Toby Keith.  Yes I like a little bit of country.  The time sure goes by fast when you are being entertained.  But I noticed that our iron is shutting off too often, I a guessing the cord near the plug is loose and I have to keep wiggling it.  When Jeff came home I told him the issue of the iron in the hopes that he will say "we can shop for a new one".  Instead he repaired it, replace the cord and now it's a great iron again. 

But when the time comes to buy a new one, here's some of my favorite and maybe I might invest in a powerful steamer so I can do our duvet cover, sheets and pillow.  Since Jeff wears a lot of Hawaiian Shirts, they are 100% cotton therefore it definitely needs ironing.  I don't want him wearing wrinkled shirts as I think it reflects on his wife.  I know I am a bit of a perfectionist, but I sometimes irons his jeans which he keeps reminding me that if I take it out of the dryer on time, there's no need to iron.

Conair Hand Held Fabric Steamer - Blue
Conair Handheld Steamer in Blue available at Target for $39.99


Hamilton Beach FashionFirst Medium Iron - White
Flower Hamilton Beach Iron at Target for $17.99
Hamilton Beach Fashion First Iron - Black/White
Black and White Hamilton Beach Iron also at Target for $19.99

1 comment:

  1. Surprise, surprise...I am ironing too today. I find it relaxing so it looks like I took after you. Seeing that the steamer is only $39, you should get it, and the black and white iron...it won't break your bank, they are both reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete