Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wilted Wednesday - No more flowers

It's not even summer and all the flowers that I planted are wilted, snipped, chewed and burnt.  The main culprit is those damn squirrels and maybe too much sun or not enough water.  At the moment, I am just letting them all die and later pull out the weeds including these dead plants.  Maybe at the end of June, I will search for other plants that are perennials or maybe just plant bushes that has a bit of flowers that are hardy and easy to maintain.  As I have mentioned before, I do not have green thumb and don't like spending a lot of time pulling weeds and now after the recent squirrel dilemma, I am more and more gearing towards NO gardening ever.  I tried to take a couple of plants and transferred them to the front to see if they will survive.  My MIL gave me some jade plants that we also planted in the front of the house.  It might take a week before I see if it actually survives.  
This is what they look a couple of month ago.  Now I can't even share how it looks.
I wish my garden was something like this photo but then it means I have to give a lot of my hours pulling weeds, watching for squirrels and of course watering them consistently.
Maybe not as organized but at least the flowers are not chewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment