Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What Wednesday - Baby slippers marathon

When my daughter ask for a little favor, I did not know what to expect, but actually is was such a small request.  She had left some fabrics already cut and ready to be sewn.  While she was here visiting she used my sewing machine to finish a couple of her projects from her sewing class.  Last Monday, I decided to stay at home and do some chores and a bit of sewing.  Instead of golfing, I started reading the instructions on how to make the slippers.  It was a bit confusing and I thought I should just look at the one she made to see if I can figure it out.  Actually it was easier for me to see the finish product. 
Except for one that my daughter left as a sample, I made a total of five slippers.  It takes a little more than 30 minutes from cutting to finishing.  Truly was an amazing feeling after I invert it and see the completed set.  Because I have so many scrap fabrics from making aprons and other projects, I picked out some more fabrics matching them with either plain or similar colors.  Now I have a total of six pairs ready to go and I plan to do a bit more detailing by adding buttons, ribbons and maybe some laces.  I will be busy for the next couple of days just enjoying each and every pair as they become very cute slippers for little girls or boys.  Two slippers are already on it's way to Oregon.

Would you like to buy one of these cute slippers for your little one??? Would you buy one as a gift for your friend or sister who is having a baby??

2 comments: