Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Soulful Sunday - Songs that breaks my heart

Music brings different emotions to different people.  The combination of melody and lyrics at times just bring a tear or sometimes a smile.  While watching the Finals of American Idol, Jessica sang a couple of songs with so much feeling and emotions, goose bumps are felt.  Each Sunday when I take a moment to remember my son, I think of how much he loves music.  Sometime when I hear a new song by artists that he liked, I always ask myself, "I wonder if he would like this song".  But when a particular song is played on the radio or if I am at a store and a song comes through their speaker, I cannot help but remember my son. Even after almost four years since his death, hearing the song still breaks my heart.  Here are some of the songs that really brings back so many memories both happy and sad.

If I Lay Here - Snow Patrol
Speed of Sound - Cold Play
Save Room  - John Legend
Everybody's Changing - Keane 
Two less lonely people in the world - Air Supply
You had a bad day - Daniel Powter
You don't know my name - Alicia Keys



1 comment:

  1. Must be something about today...I had an absolutely horrible dream about G this morning. I was crying in my dream and was crying in real life when I woke up. I had to wake myself because I didn't want to continue dreaming that dream. It was so horrible and just thinking about it gives me shivers and make me want to cry again and even throw up. Please don't ask me about it because I don't even want to talk about it (and hopefully soon, I will forget about it).

    ReplyDelete