Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Soulful Sunday - Dance the night away

It has been a long time since Jeff and I attending one of those big birthday party.  Last night was Gamble's Grammie's birthday.  It was her 50th birthday bash given by her daughter (Gamble's mom) and son (Uncle T).  The dress code was Semi-formal so you could just imagine how Jeff felt about wearing a dress shirt, dress pants and dress shoe.  On the other hand, I did not have any problem dressing up in my pink flowery dress, black high hooker sandals and even curled my hair. Actually, I enjoyed getting all dressed up.  It seems like only a few years ago when I did my big five O party back in Canada.  I believe there were almost 150 friends and family who celebrated with me that special day.  

This post is a bit late because I woke up not feeling that great.  I know I don't have a hangover because I only had one drink for the whole evening as I was the DD.  I also know that we were home before midnight which means it was not for lack of sleep.  The venue was great, very cozy and out of the heavy traffic downtown.  Appetizers were being served when we got there and open bar.  DJ was already playing loud music.  Prior to the dancing, a young lady maybe half my age came over to our table and complimented my legs.  What a great feeling.  Later on an older lady complimented my dancing and suggested I continued on.  Another great feeling.  Considering we did not really know a lot of people, Jeff and I had a good time without the guilt since we showed up and celebrated Blanca's birthday.  One thing we forgot - take photos.

Now my MIL and my hubby will be busy marking the answers of the 6 entries to my 7777 contest.  Tomorrow I will send my message to the winner at the same time post the name.  Good luck to all and again my sincerest thanks for stopping by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment