Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Fah Friday - A new expression

She is not the type of girl that uses swear words or any thing improper.  So when you hear her say something like Fah, I was surprised because I thought she was swearing but actually it meant something else - depending on how she uses it in her sentence.  It might mean "obviously" but now after having such a great laugh, this could now mean anything like a swear word.  My MIL actually said it's a new Canadian way of swearing.  While we were shopping or when we are just chatting or having breakfast, every now and again we would say Fah.  Of course being Canadians, we can't help but say Eh, which sounds funny when you say both words after each other, Fah Eh!  After my girl friend leaves, each time we use this word we will be thinking of her and probably be laughing.  Do you have any special words between your friends that only your group knows.  I seem to recall that my daughter and her hubby sometimes have these special language that they invented that only the two of them understand.  I was going to do a post on Farewell Friday because my friend TL will be heading home tomorrow.  We have had so much fun doing things together and sharing both new and old stories.  I will miss her for sure but there's a lot of memories that will put a smile on my face.  I truly hope that she enjoyed her visit at the CPBB.  So happy that I remembered to ask Jeff to take our photo.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are remembering to take photos now.

    ReplyDelete