Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Timely Tuesday - May is here

I believe the saying goes like this.... April showers brings May flowers.  Unfortunately although we have received April showers, it would not bring May flowers because the squirrels already ate all the flowers that I have planted.  I am very disappointed at the condition of my flower beds as it is missing all the pretty colorful flowers.  There is probably a few flowers left which the squirrels did not like.  I am not sure if I should pull out those plants that was ruined and try again.  Maybe I can just get some smaller bushes that are annuals so I don't have to replant any for the rest of the year.  Maybe I will just wait for my friend Rose who might be visiting in October.  She is a very experienced gardener with a green thumb.  I have no doubt that she can recommend what type of flowers or plants I should buy to make my flower bed beautiful.  During the weekend, we accompanied by MIL to the Almaden Nursery to purchase a few medium size flowering bushes.  While they were picking them, I took the liberty of taking some photos of the different beautiful flowers wishing they were in my garden.
Love this color.
Very pretty bunch of roses.
Perfect single rose.
How I wish that I have these flowers in our backyard flower box.  Unfortunately I think I lost interest in doing anything because of those damn squirrels.  Can I say I hate them???


No comments:

Post a Comment