Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Truthful Thursday - A new volunteer

After many months of waiting, I finally got accepted to my new volunteer place.  I have not decided what day I will do it, but I know it will be once a week for at least 3 or 4 hours.  As for what I will be doing, well that's another suspense.  I am very excited about it and believe that I will be able to give some of my valuable time to the community.  Of course I will still continue with my volunteer at the Library.  It's my day with my MIL and we only spend about an hour each week but we get a lot done.  I love rearranging the Book Nook display in fact last week I did all the paperback fiction shelves in color coding style.  Then I change all the single book display to a similar style.  I also do a little bit of art work for our upcoming Book Sale in September.  The book marker, flyer and poster have been finalized and I believe they will take it to the printers.  One of the benefits of this volunteer is that we get the first dibs on second hand books and if we like it, we just pay for it or borrow it for a while and return it without using the honor system.  Now the I will have two days of volunteering, I still have three days for golf and tennis.  Housekeeping and other chores might have to just be done in the evening or the weekends or after volunteer.  Never thought that I will be this busy now that I am retired.  Life is good and I am very thankful that I was able to retire this early.  If you can, your should do it soon.  Don't wait until you are so run down and stressed with work.  Do it while you have your health and still young to enjoy the fruits of your labor.  JUST DO IT!!!

Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas.  The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money.  ~Jonathan Clements

 

No comments:

Post a Comment