Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Truthful Thursday - just my opinions

Today I'm staying at home because I HAVE THE FLU.  Every year a get the flu shot and a week or so later I get some sort of flu.  Yesterday I woke up with a very sore throat and very achy muscles. I am now wondering if it is even worth getting the shot.  If I will get the flu anyway, why bother.  I will really have to think about it for next year.  So even with my feeling sick, I had a commitment with my two cousins.  We had tickets to the show at the Curran Theatre downtown SFO.  The show "Peter and the star catcher".  I did not see any review and did not really care.  Although we had a nice lunch at the Grand Cafe - a restaurant within a block from the theatre, I cannot say anything good about the show.  Maybe I'm really not into that type of entertainment - not this particular one.  I've seen some really great shows in the past like Miss Saigon, The Lion King, Mama Mia, Jersey Boys (in Vegas and in Toronto).  The theater was old and the stage was small.  It felt like I was watching a high school play.  I am not sure if it's because I was not feeling good or it was sort of boring that I realized I feel asleep a couple of times.  After the intermission, there was a group of young teenagers who sat behind us.  There was a time that they were really laughing so hard but I really did not understand why because whatever was happening in the stage was that funny.  One of the character was just saying Oh my GOD, hundreds of time, in different tones and different speed.  After the third OMG, it was just annoying to me.  I guess it was just me not feeling good. Most of their lines that people think was funny, I really didn't find funny but actually it was for the lack of a better word CORNY.  That's all for today.  I really need to rest and fight this flu with lots of liquids, lots of nap, and NO drugs.

Maybe this was a little funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment