Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Toothless Tuesday - Who gets a crown?

Do you have a crown?  Not the one you were on your head like a tiara, the crown that your dentist makes for you when your tooth cannot be filled anymore.  During my last dentist appointment, I was told that two of my teeth needs to get replaced with a crown.  Because of insurance, I could only get one done this year and the next one will have to be schedule in the new year.  My dentist is the same one as Jeff's dentist.  Although I've only been with him for the last three years, it feels like I've known him longer and he feels the same way.  Prior to my moving here, Jeff and our dentist shares a lot of stories during his visits.  Most of the conversation they have are very high tech.  He is very smart, creative and up to date with the technology world.  Anyway, I got my temporary crown last week and this past weekend I felt a small piece sticking from my tooth.  Apparently it's just a little filling that was added but that the temp crown is still in tact.  I have been very careful with my chewing and avoiding crunchy and sticky type of food.  Unfortunately due to the thanksgiving holiday, I will have to wait another couple of weeks before I get the permanent one.  The benefit of this is for the next two weeks I am eating less because I am chewing my food very carefully and taking my time.  In addition to that, I am selecting softer foods that are easier to chew. After all, I feel special because I will get a crown, not for my head, but for my tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment