Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sewing Saturday - Belated Post

It's a belated post because I did not get the photo until yesterday.  A week ago today, I got a phone call from my friend Jean asking for some assistance regarding sewing some Halloween costume.  Since I just completed my house chores and Jeff was busy with outdoor work, I decided to help out my friend.  When I got there I found out she needed help making a Tutu, not just one but a couple.  Her daughter and two other friends are dressing up at work for Halloween.  It was actually exciting because I have never made an adult Tutu.  The only experience I have was making a little girl's Tutu and it's the no-sew type.  My daughter and I made it for Belle (her niece).  As this was a much bigger size, I wanted to make sure that we did not make a mistake and that it would actually be enough material to make it all around.  Between Jean sewing other parts of the costume, we were able to complete the task at hand.  I only have one photo to share.  They call themselves "Friends of the Forest".  

The Tutu of the skunk (L) and red fox (middle) are the ones I made.  I think these girls are so cute with their costume.

1 comment:

  1. The Tutus are really cute. If I were to dress up for Halloween, I'd make a tutu for myself and use my wings to be a fairy but we threw out out wings :(

    ReplyDelete