Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Mindless Monday - Fence Painting

It has been almost a couple of weeks since I had the flu and this past weekend was the first weekend that I felt good, good enough to help Jeff with the outdoor chores.  Saturday was sunny and the temperature was perfect to do some painting.  After doing a couple of errands, I suggested to Jeff that we can tackle the fence painting.  He was a bit concerned as he did not want to tire me out and get sick again.  Between the two of us, I knew that it will take only a few hours to complete before it starts to get dark.  He got everything ready and I became his assistant aka detailer aka finisher.  The roller brush was his tool and I had a thick four inch brush.  I change into my painter outfit (old jogging pants, old shirt, flip flop).  After three hours we were impressed how much we have accomplished.  Here's where I show you the result.  For those of you who have been to our home, you will recall that we did not have some of the things in the photo.  These were some of the improvements that Jeff had done that the city took a year to give him a permit. The next project will be painting of the whole outside of the house.  Then removing more ivy and adding a variety of plants around the front yard.  Each and every weekend, this will be our plans which means no holidays until next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment