Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Stinky Saturday - Not shopping there again

The last time we got our groceries we decided to go to SAFEWAY because that's where my MIL likes to get her groceries.  Normally, I would just take her there but since we needed some items, we decided to do a bit of shopping as well.  I found that their prices were a bit higher but some items if on sale was pretty good.  Since it was Friday afternoon and usually we have fish for dinner, I picked up a couple of package of red snapper.  At the time I was buying it, I didn't really try to smell it like I normally do.  One of the reason is that I was still congested and sense of smell was a bit off.  When we got home that's when I realize that something was fishy.  I decided to cook it outdoors.  There was a bit of fish smell but I though cooking fish does have a different scent.  Once we sat for dinner, I took a bite out of one end of the fish and it seemed ok.  Then I cut one of the bigger piece and there was an overpowering odor that really took over my nose.  I am not even sure if that's a good description.  After cutting each and every piece, that particular smell was all over.  I told Jeff not to eat it.  Finally after trying very hard to recall what that smell was in order to describe it to Jeff, it smelled like ammonia.  I knew that I had smelled that scent but couldn't place it.  Then I remember when I use to color my hair and during the mixing and processing, that was the odor that I recalled.  Now I don't want to shop there anymore because of that.  I know that it's too drastic measure, but shopping at Lucky's or Nob Hill seems to be more safe and even the smaller local store called Lunardi's is a better choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment