Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Simply Saturday - So picky

What do you feed a kid who does not like to try anything and does not eat foods that other kids love.  I thought that all kids like the following foods
  • Spaghetti
  • Hot Dog
  • Hamburger
  • Pizza
  • PBJ Sandwich
  • Macaroni & Cheese
  • Scrambled Eggs
  • Fried Rice
  • BBQ
Gamble seems to only like to eat Pancake and Bacon, Chicken Nuggets/Stars and Fries.  That's about it.  I have asked his mom what he eats and she says everything.  We have tried all types of food but he refuses to try anything and when I ask him what he wants to eat his normal reply is "I don't know".  I can't hardly wait until he grows up a bit more where he would be wanting to try all kinds of food and would have a very healthy appetite.

I remember my girlfriends daughter who I met two years ago and she loves to go for DIM SUM and she is not even Asian.  One time I saw a mother with her two kids and they were having Pasta, one had the red sauce(Marinara) and the other one with white sauce (Alfredo).  Maybe it's all about how parents feed their children. 

If you have children, what type of food do they like?  Do you have special meal for them or do they eat what's on the table?

2 comments:

  1. I try to feed my son pretty much the same as we have, though if we have something too spicy we will find something else for him, and well he is not old enough for a steak yet either. But I believe that the more things he tries now, the less picky he will be as an adult:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Connie is right, just serve him whatever it is you are eating. If he doesn't want to try it, he will go hungry. It's probably what his mom does. If he still refuses to eat, then you don't want to let him starve. That is when you will go revert to his usual foods.

    I know that my niece and nephew love eating ribbons - it's basically bow-tie pasta with butter.

    ReplyDelete