Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Soulful Sunday - LBL aka MIL

Today my MIL is celebrating a special birthday so this post is dedicated to her.  For those of you who have met my MIL, I am sure you will agree that she is one sweet lady.  Before she became my MIL, we use to be pen pals (not very popular now a days).  After Jeff introduced me to her, we started corresponding by snail mail.  We both love writing letters and we both love stickers.  But what she loves the most is anything Lady Bug.  She and two other friends (also neighbors) are called the lady bug club.  So you can just imagine what kind of collections she has when it comes to lady bugs.  My MIL does a lot of baking and she's always willing to lend a hand whenever she knows I am having family or friends visiting or if I was traveling.  The favorite requests are chocolate chip cookies, snicker doodle, Chinese chews, brownies and cupcakes with her special frosting.  Although she never had a long career because she raised 4 kids, she has spent many years volunteering in the community and still continues to date.  She is so much fun to be with as she is very easy going and has a wonderful sense of humor.  She loves to walk and most times when we are shopping she actually walks faster than me.  I would like to share a photo of the birthday gift that she received from my sister.


Happy Birthday Annette, may you have many more wonderful happy years ahead!
This is part of my birthday gift to my MIL.  My special sewing creations which she will loves.  She was with me when we bought the fabric so I am sure she will like these items.
Six place mats with matching napkin holders
Reversible Lady Bug Apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment