Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Frustrated Friday - What makes my blood boil?

Normally, I am a very very easy going consumer who seldom returns items after my purchase.  I also give everyone a second chance or the benefit of the doubt when it comes to customer services.  But this week I have had enough of incompetence, deceit, and a lot of talk and no action.  To make it a little bit interesting, I would make my top ten with a short description.

COMCAST (cable) - Since I moved here, our cable service has provided good coverage of my favorite sports when it is working.  The issue is that it is only great for a few weeks and then all of a sudden your TV gets all pixels and no access to our HD channels. We have changed our box at least 4 times (sometimes they give you the old ones that other customers returned). When you call for some actions, they send wrong signals, the turn off your box which erases all the preset for our recordings and you won't have a guide for days. One technician was sent to try and resolve the issue. He explained that those employees that answers the phone does not really check the right code or does not know so we have to explain, etc. He even gave us the name of his supervisor who apparently knows these codes.  Their advertisement is great but in reality they are so incompetent and it's now time to change. Would anyone recommend other cable provider? Would you choose Dish TV or Direct TV?  What about Verizon or any other company?  Sorry, this is not short at all.

TIRE COMPANY - Why is it that if a male brings in their car for new tires, etc. they usually get just what they need.  If a female brings their car in, you start with just 2 new tires and you end up with 4 new tires and 3 new rims.  This is what happened to me. Their explanation, the other two tires were bald, the two wheels were bent, they will give 1 wheel free if I buy 3. Somehow I think they try to sell you as much as they can.  I did not want to involve my husband because he was busy at work.  I am sure that if he took it in, he would only have bought the original 2 tires.  The service rep and technician said that they would not do those extras if the car does not need it.  I just know by experience that each time you bring your car for service of any type, you end up with all kinds of issues that you have to come back with more problems. I believe these companies are deceitful and con artists.

GOLF CHANNEL - As much as I love watching when they are covering any of the great tournament, I was a little ticked off yesterday and today because of the Master's Coverage.  It says Live at the Masters, but they are not showing any of the players golfing.  They do so much talking for hours and shows a little bit of the leader board but it took so long before actually covering the first round of the Masters. I am so happy with ESPN and ESPN2 because their coverage of tennis and golf (major event) is awesome.  Maybe when we get a new Cable service provider, I could convince Jeff to get the sports package. 

GROCERY STORE - No more plastic bags and you have to pay for any bag if needed. Not so bad because I am use to recycle bags when I lived in Canada.  My complaint is the way they chit chat with co workers or customers when there's a line up, the way they through some of the items (specifically the fruits and veggies), the way they pack the bags.  I started using the self check but they change it to only 15 items of less and most of the time, it says "please wait for attendant" and you will have to wait for a while in order to continue.  So I had no choice but be picky when it comes to cashier and I have opted to pack my own bag. I also have tried going to different store just to see what type of customer service I will receive even if I have to pay a little bit more some of the items. Which store do you shop and what do you look for when choosing your favorite grocery store?

It's Friday and it's the Easter weekend and my favorite daughter and favorite SIL will be arriving therefore I am ecstatic, excited and cannot be upset.  I also wanted to mention one company that I am very pleased with their products and services.  I am talking about NIKE.
A few weeks ago I decided to order a custom tennis shoes on line (first time).  My new shoes finally arrived.  It is so comfy and fits like a glove so I thought of showing it today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment