Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Soulful Sunday - Flag Football

Every Sunday we are now committed to watching Gamble (Jeff's grandson) play flag football.  Last Sunday was the first game and also a bit of training.  It was very funny watching 5 and 6 year old boys and girls running around trying to get that ribbon as well as catching the ball.  I am guessing this is the first training and learning experience for these kids.  They will learn sportsmanship, friendship, winning and losing, but most of all having fun outdoors.  The bonus for Gamble is that his Dad is one of the Coach/trainer.  Both grandparents were in attendance as well as Gamble's mom and sister.  While watching the first part of their training or just learning the game, we (Grammie and Ola) saw one of the boys pushing and elbowing the smaller boy.  It's funny how both of us spoke up and were ready to complain and argue.  Of course the Grampas (Steve and Jeff) just told us to chill and be cool as Gamble was not involved.  Of course we argued that it could have been Gamble and that this boy should not be allowed to tackle or hit as this is called FLAG football.  Later on we shared stories on how we use to attend our sons sporting event.  What a coincidence that both of us were almost thrown out of the games because we were arguing with the umpire/referee.  Not the Grampas are not sure if we (grandmas) should be attending Gamble's games.  I still remember my son telling me after one of his games that if I don't behave like the other moms, I would not be allowed to come and watch any of his games.  Of course I learned very fast and the rest of the season I sat quietly and clap every now and again.  I am just very happy that I took my son to his games and was able to watch him do what he loved when it comes to sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment