Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Flip Flop Friday - How many do you have?

While my daughter was visiting I ended up buying two more flip flops because of two reasons: I don't have these colors and they were two for $5.00 - summer is almost here.  Yesterday I decided to take a review of my flip flops and to see which one I need to say goodbye.  My daughter even suggested one of them really has to go but since I don't have a replacement (navy blue), it will have to stay just one more summer. I am currently using a pink one as my house slippers.  What about your collection?  How many do you have?  The cool part about living in sunny San Jose is that I could wear them all year round.  


 Background on my flip flips: Starting from back: Pink and black - a hand me down from one of my daughter's girl friend,  Black and gold - from a store called Giant Tiger in Ottawa,  Purple and yellow - from Forever 21 when my daughter was visiting.  Red and white - from my daughter after her wedding.  Clear plastic with rhinestone - bought it for my first all inclusive in Costa Rica.  Nike navy blue - from my SIL.  Black with rhinestone - from a store that went out of business.  Turquoise - wore it at my daughter's wedding as it matches with my sun dress. White with bling - bought it from a market in Puerto Vallarta during our Carnival Cruise.   Beige with beads - extra flip flops during our 7 days in Punta Cana (my daughter's destination wedding). Brown with black ribbon - bought it for our Vegas trip last August 2010.  Orange - for my Vegas trip last January 2012 it was only $2.99Brown - had to buy one at Target because my feet was hurting from wearing a high wedge sandals.

2 comments:

  1. I wish the weather here were like yours, we only have a few months of wearing flip flops. Though I love them on vacations, we actually also went to a wedding in Punta Cana back in November 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to have a lot, especially when they would go on sale at Old Navy for $2. But now as I am getting older, I want more comfortable ones, I have two really good quality ones (purple and black) and then three decent ones (black, white and gold). Mike on the other hand - has tons in our storage locker.

    ReplyDelete