Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Women Wednesday - Retired Diva Pool Party

Who has a pool party during the day on a weekday?  Only people who are retired can do this.
So after 24 email messages back and forth, we finally agreed on one date.  We are getting together at Sue's place for lunch and maybe do a little swimming and lots of stories sharing.  There's 3 of us who retired last year - two weeks after each other.  Sue had been retired for at least a couple of years.  I suggested that I will be bring some take out food from Something Sweet - a filipino take out food in the area.  The weather is calling for sunny and warm and up to 27 C.  I am looking forward to this wonderful idea by Catnip.  She initiated the first email and after a few days we will finally reconnect.

After this lunch/pool party, then I am off again to visit another friend to have dinner.  We still have not decided what type of food we will try but I have a feeling that they will also be requesting Filipino food.  This place Something Sweet 4u has so many variety of food for lunch or dinner as well as awesome dessert treats.  If ever you will be in the Mississauga area, you must stop by at this store.

If the weather is really nice today, I will most likely be playing tennis with my friend Jessica.  We use to play a lot when I use to live in the area.  I am also looking forward to playing on Sunday with my old group Early Birds.  During the weekend we use to get to the courts very early in the morning - early meaning at sunrise.  They have been together for over 20 year and some players come and go but the original group still plays and their friendship has grown through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment