Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Frilly Friday - Baby Shower Gift

Putting things off until the last minute sometimes is a good thing.  I knew that I would have to do some sewing as my gift for the baby shower this Saturday.  It's for Jeff's daughter in law, Katrina who is Gamble's mom.  She already told me that they are having a girl so I thought of sewing a few items for her. It took me most of Wednesday to finish it because it was not the only thing I do when I am at home.  I had to prepare meals and complete my housekeeping.  So this is what I made for her and her baby. They already picked a name - Greenly Catherine.
This is the first time I tried some sort of quilting
Burp pad for Katrina with matching baby bibs
Dinosaur pattern burp pad for Dan and a couple of extra bibs
That's all for my post today because I have a lot of cooking and baking to do for the baby shower.  I will be baking my 6 layer bar square and cupcakes.  As for main dish, I will make some Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings, Hawaiian meatballs and Filipino lumpia (spring roll).  Aside for the main dish, I will also be preparing a vegetable platter and wrap sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will be doing lots of cooking for Mike and I when you come to visit.

    ReplyDelete