Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

FITBF - Friday

For some Friday is a day that you really look forward to because you know the weekend has finally arrived.  For us retirees, every day could be Friday and every week could be a long weekend.  I cannot believe that I have been here for 10 days and there are still so many friends to see, places to go and chores to do.  I just finished reading my daughter's blog and I was going to follow the Fill in the blank Friday but I have more stories to share.


Last night I took my daughter with me to a local Brampton pub. This is the place we hang out after Thursday golf.  Since I have not seen the boys, my brother/friend suggested that we stop by and have dinner and drinks with them.  It was nice for my daughter to join us because she has not seen my friends since my retirement party.  We reminisce about the old times and realized that it has been almost 17 years that they have known me and my daughter.  One of our friends surprised us, we have not seen or heard from him for at least 15 years.  You remember the expression what goes around comes around, well he is back in the group and currently staying with another friend who was his roommate then.  By the way, if you want to have a great steak dinner and awesome wings, check out Oscar's pub in Brampton. 


I know that when you are on holiday you tend to gain weight from all the lunch, dinners and maybe even breakfast.  I am hoping to get more tennis and golf this weekend so at least I won't feel guilty about all these great meals I am having.  The really nice part about this city is the variety of ethnic restaurants to choose from.  Lunch today will be Jamaican food, tonight could be Brazilian, tomorrow could be Filipino and Sunday will be Dim Sum (Chinese).


Time sure flies by when you are busy and this vacation is so filled with activities and great friends to hang out with.  It's good that I am staying with my daughter because even though she works during the day, we get to hang out after work and do silly things.  We are having so much fun and I truly miss her.  I know we have a couple more weeks to do stuff but it will be really tough to leave her again.  The amazing part is that she has the most caring, loving, patient and animated husband. He makes her smile when she's had a bad day, he makes her happy without spoiling her, but most of all he is very understanding and so I am not worried when I leave her.  Thank you so much Mike for taking care of my little girl.

1 comment:

  1. awww, we are having so much fun with you around. Although you are making us fat by all the cooking you are doing for us.

    ReplyDelete