Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Soulful Sunday - So so painful

It has been 10 months since I left to move to the USA.  This is my first week back in Canada and as the plane is touching down there was a feeling of sadness and some pain in my heart.  It was bringing back a lot of memories and it was mostly about my son.  A few years ago when my flight was stuck in Chicago and the only flight left that night was to Rochester, NY I called my son to ask him if he wouldn't mind driving that evening to pick me up at that airport.  There was no hesitation and it was going to be along drive for him and it was getting very late.  I was so happy to see him that evening and we had a very nice and relaxing drive back to our home.

Today is one of those days and right now all I can say is that I miss him so much and it's too painful to be where there are so many memories of him.
 

1 comment:

  1. G would do anything for anyone. He was such a good friend, brother and son.

    I remember hearing that he was going to pick you up and I thought he was crazy for going by himself. I wish he told me he was going because I would have joined him. It would have been a fun little road trip.

    ReplyDelete