Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Soulful Sunday - Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads, Uncles, and Grandfathers.  It's too bad sometimes that there's only one day that people recognize their fathers.  If you are one of those ones that have a great relationship with your father, then you are very lucky.  For some who are missing that link, maybe someday you might get a chance to be a father and be lucky enough to have a special relationship with your children.

My father passed away in 1996 and one prayer that he always says is that is given a chance to see his grandchildren.  He did as much as he could and spent as much time as he could before he died. I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter, he was very protective and would drive me anywhere I go because he did not want me to walk during the winter weather as I might slip.  He made sure that he would be the first to see his grandchildren that he waited patiently in the hospital waiting area.  You should have seen the smile and excitement on his face as he saw my children being wheeled to the nursery.  He spoiled his grandchildren but I know that he was very happy that he got a chance to see them grow up.  My only regret is that he did not really enjoy his retirement because he became sick shortly after turning 60. I have a lot of great memories of my Dad- he was kind, caring, loving, thoughtful, patient and most of all, he enjoyed life.

If what they say is really true about after life,  I hope that he is having a special moment with my son in that place where there's no sadness just pure joy and happiness.  Here's a song that reminds me of my father.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment