Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Terrific Friends

How exciting it is to see a lot of friends during my visit.  The past weekend I spend it with Lorna in Ottawa and we did the birthday weekend.  She hosted a little get together for some of my friends that lived in that area.  Most of them I have worked with and had transferred to Ottawa for work.  It was a very nice surprise to see a friend of mine who I have not seen for a very long time because of his line of work.  We have been friends for almost 20 years and we had so much catching up.  I am not sure when I will see Lorna again, but I hope she will get a chance to travel to sunny California in the near future.  We had such a great time together and were able to catch up with our life stories.  There was a bit of time left yesterday to help her organize her walk in closet - I just hope she is able to find the outfit for today.

Talking about excitement.  Last night my friend picked me up at the airport and we went directly to a pub in Oakville to meet the members of FFTC.  This is the pub that holds a Name that tune contest every Tuesday but recently have been moved to Monday night.  It was a nice surprise to see some of the friends of my son.  They knew I was going to be there so they can say hello and that meant a lot.  My friend who retired two weeks before me also came out to join us.  The group won a couple of rounds (highest score) and they also took care of the food for our table.  Unfortunately Vancouver lost, so I guess we will have to watch the 7th game on Wednesday.  

It was really good to see the group that my son  use to hang out on  Tuesday night and to know that he was in good company. He sure had terrific friends. It  feels good  being in the place where my son use to go to on Tuesdays but I feel a little sad that his friends are there and he is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment